- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon ground all-spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 9″ x 5″ loaf pan. Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoon flour, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, bananas and vanilla; beat at low speed until blended, scraping the bowl occasionally.
Add remaining flour, all-spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt; beat at low speed until well blended. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pans in wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool at 20 minutes to serve warm or cool completely to serve later.